12 Best Nursery Gliders, Rockers & Recliners 2021 – Glider Recliner
Are you torn about adding a glider or rocking chair to your baby registry? You might be wondering if you need or even have space for one. And let’s face it — they can be pricey.
But there’s nothing sweeter than feeding and bonding with your baby in the nursery. If you’re daydreaming about reading, snuggling and singing to your bundle of joy while rocking the day (and night) away in one of these chairs, read on for everything you need to know about nursery gliders and rocking chairs.
Do I need a glider or rocking chair for my baby’s nursery?
Although gliders and rocking chairs certainly aren’t must-have items, they can come in handy.
These nursing chairs let you rock back and forth, and this gentle movement can help soothe baby to sleep. They’re also gloriously comfortable; a nursing chair is the perfect place to feed baby or sit when you’re up with your little one during the night.
Best rocker nursery glider – Glider Recliner
1. Million Dollar Baby Classic Miranda Wingback Rocker
If your list of must-haves for your nursery glider includes a rocking feature, this is a great choice. It’s designed to rock gently without making any annoying sounds that could wake up your baby.
It’s both water-repellent and stain-resistant and also Greenguard Gold Certified, which means it’s been tested for over 10,000 chemicals that could be potentially harmful to your baby.
Best upholstered nursery glider
2. Delta Children Emma Nursery Rocking Chair
This fully upholstered chair would make a charming addition to your baby’s nursery, but it can also be used in other rooms of your home once your little one is older. It has thickly padded armrests and a plush seat cushion for extra comfort. The sturdy wooden frame provides stability, and it’s designed to prevent squeaking during gentle rocking.
Best nursery glider with ottoman
3. DaVinci Olive Glider and Ottoman
If you love the look of a glider that comes with a matching ottoman, the DaVinci Olive Glider is a great choice. It has a gentle 360-degree swivel motion and a comfortable headrest, and it offers lumbar support, which not all gliders do. Parents also love the fact that it’s Greenguard Gold Certified.
Best modern nursery glider
4. Babyletto Kiwi Electronic Power Recliner and Swivel Glider with USB Port
Though on the pricier side of nursery gliders, you get a whole lot of bang for your buck when it comes to the Babyletto Kiwi Electronic Power Recliner and Swivel Glider.
This model does pretty much everything that you’d hope a glider would do — it swivels a whole 270 degrees, glides back and forth, and even reclines. It also comes with a built-in USB port so you don’t have to make sure your glider is situated next to an outlet.
Best swivel nursery glider
5. CANMOV Swivel Rocker Recliner Chair
This is a manual swivel rocker chair that also reclines so it’s great for a baby’s nursery. It can be adjusted from 90 to 150 degrees and has three different modes to choose from so you can sit in the perfect position for whatever you’re doing. CANMOV provides a 1-year warranty and provides free installation support.
Best nursery glider for small nursery
6. Delta Children Kenwood Nursery Glider Swivel Rocker Chair
This slim glider may take up less room, but it’s still comfortable for those unexpected nap traps (e.g., when baby falls asleep on you, and you’re forced to rest… maybe the best part of having a baby!).
This glider rocks and swivels, and comes in gray, light blue, and charcoal. And since it’s sold by Target, it’s an easy add to your registry.
Best colors on a nursery glider
7. PB Kids Comfort Slipcovered Swivel Glider & Ottoman
This gorgeous nursery glider can be totally customized according to your color preference — and the best part is that you can purchase a few different slipcover hues so that you can switch them out when you’re ready to put the glider in a new room.
It’s made from eco-friendly materials that are Greenguard Gold Certified, and Pottery Barn Kids even has their products tested at the Consumer Products Safety Commission.
Best classic nursery glider
8. Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider
If your baby’s nursery has an old-school feel, you’ll love the look of this mid-century styled glider. It brings an old Hollywood glam to your baby’s room thanks to its luxurious velvet fabric and rounded shape.
It’s Greenguard Gold Certified, meaning it’s been tested to ensure it only contains safe ingredients for your baby and meets all flammability requirements. In addition to being super chic, it’s also smaller than many other gliders, so it’s great for small spaces.
Most affordable nursery glider
9. Storkcraft Hoop White Glider and Ottoman
Working with a teeny tiny room for your baby’s nursery? Not to worry — this glider is the perfect fit for small spaces. It’s super comfortable, say reviewers, thanks to the padded arm cushions and foot rest.
It even has convenient storage pockets on either armrest so you can store swaddle blankets, bibs, books, and pacifiers. It also comes in more than 10 different colors so you can match it perfectly to your baby’s nursery.
Most comfortable nursery glider
10. Delta Children Dylan Nursery Recliner Glider Swivel Chair
Here’s a glider that you can plop right into your living room without it looking like it was a leftover from your baby’s nursery (even though it is).
This recliner is gorgeous, featuring pocketed coil spring construction and a farmhouse-style design. It swivels 360 degrees and has a gliding mechanism made from durable steel so it shouldn’t squeak as you rock back and forth.
Best reclining nursery glider
11. Baby Relax Mikayla Swivel Gliding Recliner
This gliding recliner goes all the way back, offering three functional positions so you can be at the ideal angle for feeding, rocking, or reading your child books. It swivels and glides as well and has a square silhouette for maximum comfort. Parents rave over its easy set-up and 1-year limited warranty.
Best overall nursery glider
12. Carter’s by DaVinci Arlo Recliner and Glider in Performance Cream
This swivel glider has everything you need in a nursery chair — it’s comfortable, has a classic design, and lets you prop up your legs and recline back when you need a new position. It’s crafted in New Zealand from pine wood and engineered wood that’s compliant with Toxic Substances Control Act standards, and it’s also free of chemical flame retardants.
What is the difference between a glider and a rocking chair?
When you’re choosing a nursing chair for a baby’s nursery, you’re probably deciding between a rocking chair and a glider.
Traditional rocking chairs have two curved bands at the base, while gliders let you move back and forth on a stationary frame base. If you’re not sure which style you prefer, it can be helpful to visit a store to test out different models in person.
What is the best glider or rocking chair?
Keep the following in mind when shopping for a nursery glider or rocking chair:
- Is it easy to clean? Be careful rocking a freshly fed baby. It can be messy. Choosing a nursery glider or rocking chair with detachable and washable cushions is best. Chairs covered in stain-repellent fabrics are a solid second choice.
- Does it have a locking mechanism? When getting out of a glider while holding your baby, it’s safer to stand up if the chair isn’t moving. This feature also protects little fingers from getting pinched once baby starts crawling.
- Is it comfortable for your neck and back? It’s best to test glider and rocking chairs out first, and price-compare later. Remember, you’ll be holding your bundle of joy a lot, and you’ll need the extra support.
- Does it have enough padding? You could be gliding or rocking for hours. Make sure there is adequate and comfortable padding for the seat and armrests. You’ll appreciate the extra cushion.
- Does it squeak? Trust us, that’s the last thing you’ll want your baby to hear in the middle of the night.
- If you’re choosing a glider, is it on a 360-degree base? If not, that’s OK. It shouldn’t be a deal-breaker. However, it’s a nice feature that allows you to spin around to get a quick visual on your other children.
- Does it recline? Rocking baby isn’t all singing and reading fairy tales. At some point, you’ll be pulling an all-nighter in the nursery. A reclining glider lets you catch some shuteye while baby sleeps close by in the crib. And that’s good for the whole family.
We pulled together the best nursery gliders and rocking chairs for bedtime stories, middle of the night feedings, and all other kinds of snuggles.
Do You Need a Nursery Glider?
A nursery glider is a nicety, not a necessity. But if you have the budget—and the space—many parents would consider a glider to be a must-have nursery item, especially during those first few years.
A glider chair is the perfect spot to cuddle, soothe and read to your little one. Add an ottoman for extra foot support and it also becomes a comfortable, supportive place to breastfeed or bottle feed. You could certainly curl up on the couch or on a traditional chair, too, but you’d miss out on the rhythmic motion, which simulates the womb and helps babies settle into sleep, and the back support.
Which glider is the dreamiest depends on your family’s budget, space, and decor? Here are the best nursery gliders, and why.
How we chose our favorite nursery gliders – Glider Recliner
To create this list of the best nursery gliders of 2020, we reached out to new parents to find out the brands and styles that worked best for caring for their child in their first year.
We also relied heavily on customer reviews and ratings to understand what features parents liked most and what features they felt needed improvements.
- $ = under $150
- $$ = $150–$300
- $$$ = $300–$500
- $$$$ = over $500
What does glider recliner mean?
4. Glider Recliner. glider recliners are similar to rocker recliners, with the exception that instead of moving along an arched path, glider recliners move forward and backward on a linear path. 5. … These lift-assist recliners make it easier for people with certain disabilities to be more independent in the home.
Are Pottery Barn gliders worth it?
Are Pottery Barn Gliders Worth it? We are some serious penny pinchers over here, but we still think it is worth it. The Pottery Barn Gliders last through multiple children, are incredibly comfortable, and are easy to clean.
How much does a glider chair cost?
Typical costs: Basic, wood-frame glider chairs, usually offered with finishes like natural, white, maple or cherry, run from as low $130 to as high as $450. Upholstered glider chairs, most often designed to be used outside a nursery, cost anywhere from $160 to $680.
Is a rocker or glider better? Rocker versus Glider
The rocker’s arched legs create a swaying motion and typically a stronger movement while a glider is stationary; moving back and forth on a mechanism and tend to offer an almost noiseless, smoother ride. Some gliders also swivel and have a lock feature so curious little fingers don’t get caught.
Searches related to glider recliner
- modern glider recliner
- glider recliner leather
- power glider recliner
- glider recliner lazy boy
- Costco glider recliner
- best glider recliner
- swivel glider recliner
- glider recliner near me