Best Overnight Diapers Choices for Baby Comparing 2021
Changing your little one’s diaper may not be fun, but it’s a reality of parenting that you’ll soon be able to do with your eyes closed. But changing your little one’s diaper + crib sheet + pajamas, all at around 2 a.m.? No, thanks. Overnight diapers to the rescue!
What are Overnight Diapers?
Think of overnight diapers like a souped-up version of their disposable counterparts. Designed to keep your baby dry for up to 12 hours, overnight diapers are extra absorbent, often with around 20 to 25 percent more capacity than regular diapers. They’re a bit bulkier than daytime diapers, but thanks to innovations like ultra-thin cores and special dryness layers, they really don’t look, fit or feel that much different than your average disposable diaper. (They do tend to cost a bit more, though.)
Do You Need Overnight Diapers?
Whether or not you need overnight diapers is going to depend on your little one. Some babies do fine throughout the night with regular old diapers, so no need to rock the boat if your babe is sleeping soundly (and dryly!) overnight. But for most babies, they’ll come a time when regular diapers aren’t cutting it for longer sleep stretches, so you’ll want to check out your overnight options.
When Do You Need Overnight Diapers?
Again, this is going to depend on your little one, but we’ve found that the need for overnight diapers tends to start right around 6 months old—which is the time most babies are adding solids to an already robust amount of formula or breast milk, resulting in a greater volume of liquid and food intake throughout the day.
What Type of Overnight Diaper is Best?
A few pro tips to keep in mind when you’re deciding which overnight diaper is best for you and your little one:
- Try before you buy in bulk. Finding an overnight diaper that works for your little one is often a matter of trial and error. Each brand fits differently on each baby, and what works for one may not work at all for another. So don’t buy big at first—try a small package of a brand’s overnight diaper option first before committing to a big haul.
- Boy vs. girl. Nope, we’re not trying to start the next baby gender wars. But while we’re on the subject of fit, it’s important to note that boys and girls urinate differently, which will mean a different wetness pattern on the diaper. You may have to experiment with a few different brands to see what works best for your baby.
- Size up. Most parents find it useful to size up in overnight diapers. You’ll still want to make sure the diaper is fitting snugly around your little one’s waist and through the legs, but a size up from your baby’s daytime diaper size will give your overnight an extra boost when it comes to absorbency and ensuring maximum dryness.
- Add a pad. Leaks happen, even with overnight diapers. (And especially when your little one is at the age when they’re still drinking a ton of breast milk or formula and eating solids.) Diaper booster pads slip right into your baby’s diaper and add an extra layer of protection for overnight.
Best Overnight Diapers Overall
Pampers Swaddlers Overnights
Available at Amazon starting at $29 for 58 diapersSee NowAdd To Amazon RegistryAlso available at:
$24.99Why We Love It
Most parents who are loyal to Pampers say their wetness indicator (that blue line that appears on the diaper when it’s wet) is a top reason. It’s nice that their overnight diapers have the same feature so you know when your baby’s diaper is filling up.
Another reason these overnight diapers are new-parent approved? They’re blanket soft and comfortable on your little one’s precious bottom. Swaddler Overnights also start with size 3, which fit babies as small as 16 pounds, so you can get the most out of that overnight protection.
Best Lightweight Overnight Diapers
The Honest Company Club Box Overnight Baby Diapers
Available at Amazon starting at $26 for 60 diapersSee NowAdd To Amazon RegistryWhy We Love It
Actress, entrepreneur and mom of three Jessica Alba is at it again. The Honest Company has launched even more absorbent diapers that are naturally-derived, plant-based and sustainably made.
If you’re already a fan of the brand, these diapers are a must-try. They’re super soft, hypoallergenic, and provide advanced nighttime leak protection, thanks to a bio-based core technology that’s 20 percent more absorbent than Honest’s regular diapers. They’re also impressively slim, with a dry-touch quilted lining so your babe stays nice and comfy while he snoozes.
Best Responsibly Sourced Overnight Diapers
Seventh Generation Baby Free & Clear Overnight Diapers
Available at Amazon starting at $48 for 96 diapersSee NowAdd To Amazon RegistryWhy We Love It
Seventh Generation products are hailed for their use of recycled, biodegradable, and plant-based materials, and their diapers follow suit. For fans of the brand, sticking with them for an overnight diaper is a no-brainer.
They contain absolutely no traces of chlorine bleaching, lotions or fragrances, all while providing the extra leak protection parents are looking for. If you’re using their daytime variety, rest assured that the patterns on the overnight ones are different so you won’t get confused!
Best Overnight Diapers for Smaller Babies
Huggies OverNites Diapers
Available at Amazon starting at $34 for 56 diapersSee NowAdd To Amazon RegistryWhy We Love It
Many parents swear by Huggies daytime diapers, so it’s no surprise that so many turn to their overnight variety. These diapers’ Double Leak Guard promises up to 12 hours of wetness protection. A major perk is that their smallest size (3) fits infants as small as 16 pounds.
Best Patterned Overnight Diapers
Hello Bello Nighttime Diapers
Available at Walmart starting at $24 for 68 diapersSee NowAlso available at:
Founded by Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard, this ultra-soft diaper brand prides itself on being free of the nasties — a.k.a. harmful chemicals you wouldn’t want lurking in your baby’s diaper.
These nighttime diapers are 100 percent plant-derived, hypoallergenic, and have an absorbent core liner that keeps your baby’s bottom dry through the night. They also boast a cotton-like feel and super secure fit that keeps things under wraps (even for the wiggliest sleepers). We also love that they come in the cutest patterns, like Snoozy Sloths and Sleepy Campers.
Best Eco-Friendly Diapers for Overnight Use
Bambo Nature Eco Friendly Baby Diapers
Available at Amazon starting at $14 for 30See NowAdd To Amazon RegistryWhy We Love It
If eco-friendly and allergy-sensitive are two of your priorities when it comes to choosing a diaper, Bambo Nature is worth testing out. Though not official “nighttime diapers,” these promise to provide enough absorbent protection for both daytime and nighttime use.
Made from a latex-free, textile-like material that’s soft on your baby’s bottom, they also have an impressive top-dry system that keeps your baby’s diaper near-dry (even when it’s technically wet).
Best Affordable Overnight Diapers
Luvs Triple Leakguards Disposable Baby Diapers
Available at Target starting at $20 for 116 diapersSee NowAlso available at:
$29.94Why We Love It
For parents looking for an affordable diaper brand that has enough power to hold up overnight, Luvs is a go-to.
Keeping leaks to an all-time minimum is what they strive for, thanks to their “Nightlock” technology that promises to work all night long. As an added bonus for babies crawling and standing, Luvs’ large, refastenable stretch tabs and a wide fastening area stay put through all types of movement.
Best Overnight Diaper Add-On
Sposie Booster Pads Diaper Doubler
Available at Amazon starting at $35 for 90 padsSee NowAdd To Amazon RegistryWhy We Love It
While these pads technically aren’t diapers, they do come in handy for overnight protection. They’re designed to slip into your baby’s diaper and work well with most brands and sizes. Their claim to fame is that they can increase absorbency by 8 fluid ounces, which is quite an impressive feat.
Best Overnight Training Pants
GoodNites Bedtime Bedwetting Underwear
Available at Amazon starting at $28 for 44 training pantsSee NowAdd To Amazon RegistryWhy We Love It
Don’t even think about starting potty training without a hefty supply of these disposable undies. They design different varieties for boys and girls, and all promise to keep your child 40 percent drier than the leading training pants.
What diapers are best for overnight? Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: Pampers Pure at Amazon. …
- Top Best Budget: Luvs Ultra Leakguards at Amazon. …
- Best for Heavy Wetters: Huggies OverNites at Amazon. …
- Top Best Natural: Honest Overnights at Amazon. …
- Best for Potty-Trained Toddlers: GoodNites Underwear at Amazon. …
- Best Overnight Cloth Diapers: BumGenius Freetime at Amazon.
Do overnight diapers make a difference?
Overnight diapers tend to be far more absorbent. Most promise to keep your child dry for up to 12 hours, which comes in handy if you’re one of the lucky parents whose little one stays crib-bound for that long each night. You won’t find an overnight style from every diaper brands (some are that absorbent already).
Are overnight diapers Worth It?
Takeaway. If you’re tired of your baby waking up with a leaking diaper, it may be time to invest in some overnight diapers. The time and energy they’ll help you save can be well worth spending a few more pennies — after all, there’s no value you can place on a good night’s sleep and a happy, dry baby in the morning.
How to Keep Disposable Diapers From Leaking at Night
- Cut sides off of smaller diapers. …
- Fold smaller diaper in half with absorbent side out. …
- Tuck smaller diaper strip into the front of larger diaper with folded side up. …
- For girls or back wetters, fold a small flap down on both front and back of a smaller diaper strip and place more in the middle or back, as best works for you.
Searches related to best overnight diapers
- best overnight diapers Malaysia
- Huggies overnight
- overnight diapers India
- best overnight diaperss for tummy sleepers
- best overnightt diapers BabyCenter
- overnight diapers pamper
- best overnight diaperrs for toddlers Singapore